These Italian-style sandwiches are chock full of zesty flavors. To lighten them a little, use fat-free mayo. We serve them with minestrone or a crisp salad. —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
Featured In: Our Most Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Ever
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 4 pickled sweet cherry peppers, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and pesto; spread over four slices of bread. Layer with ham, basil, peppers, tomato and cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- On a griddle, toast sandwiches over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pesto Ham and Provolone Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Reviews for Grilled Pesto Ham and Provolone Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review