Grilled Peppers and Zucchini
"This versatile side dish is so simple and quick that I had to share it," says Karen Anderson, Fair Oaks, California. Grilling the colorful veggies in a foil packet means one less dish to wash, but Karen often stir-fries the mixture on the stovetop instead.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Place the vegetables on a double layer of heavy-duty foil (about 18
- in. x 15 in.). Dot with butter; drizzle with soy sauce. Fold foil
- around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat
- for 5-7 minutes on each side or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.