Grilled Pepperoni Pizza Sandwiches
If pizza and grilled cheese are among your favorite foods, you're in for an ooey gooey treat! —Chris Anderson, Mounds View, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Spread bread slices with marinara sauce; layer two slices with
- pepperoni and cheese. Top with remaining bread. Combine butter and
- garlic powder. Spread over outsides of sandwiches.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes
- on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 439 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 964 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.