Grilled Pepper Jack Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 slices (1/2 ounce each) pepper jack cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 slice onion, separated into rings
- 2 slices tomato
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with poultry seasoning. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Top with bacon and cheese; cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion, tomato and pickles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without pickles) equals 335 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.