Basic, yet packed with flavor, this sandwich gets a kick from zesty cheese and savory bacon. It's a great meal for summer days. —Linda Foreman, Locust Grove, Oklahoma
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 slices (1/2 ounce each) pepper jack cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 slice onion, separated into rings
- 2 slices tomato
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with poultry seasoning. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Top with bacon and cheese; cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, onion, tomato and pickles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pepper Jack Chicken Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p63
Reviews for Grilled Pepper Jack Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review