- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 slices (1/2 ounce each) pepper jack cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 slice onion, separated into rings
- 2 slices tomato
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with poultry seasoning. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Top with bacon and cheese; cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, onion, tomato and pickles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Pepper Jack Chicken Sandwiches
"I make something very similar, but I pound the chicken breasts first to flatten them a little so that they cook a little quicker and are easier to eat on a sandwich. I also halve and grill alongside the chicken, jalape?os from my garden, and I stack the jalape?o on the sandwich when all is done. Adds that little extra flavor some mentioned was missing."
"Served these on onion rolls... Delicious!"
"LOVE this. I used turkey bacon and added avocado wedges along with a thin layer of mayo on the toasted ciabatta buns. To die for"
"I made these for the family the other night and it was a big hit! Simple, easy and filling. Will definitely be making it again."
"I didn't use poultry seasoning because I didn't have it. I just seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder. We also omitted the bacon and used whole wheat buns. (to cut some calories/fat) Overall it was great! We eat chicken a LOT, and sometimes I forget about these classic ways to make it tasty! Thanks!"
"My Husband says he doesn't like chicken breast, ha ha, yes he does!"
"i love the combination of ingredients."
"Blech - my first time using poultry seasoning - hated it. Would rather just season the chicken as I normally would & slap the pepper jack & bacon on."
"I wasn't going for a healthy alternative here, so we add as much bacon and cheese as we wanted, and it ROCKED!"
"I made this last night. I actually cut the bacon and onion out and only put one slice of cheese. We are watching what we eat. I put it on french bread with mayo, I broiled it. It was so juicy and had a kick to it. SO good, I will make this again very soon!!"