- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 2 slices (1/2 ounce each) pepper jack cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 slice onion, separated into rings
- 2 slices tomato
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with poultry seasoning. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Top with bacon and cheese; cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, onion, tomato and pickles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Grilled Pepper Jack Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
LOVE this. I used turkey bacon and added avocado wedges along with a thin layer of mayo on the toasted ciabatta buns. To die for
I made these for the family the other night and it was a big hit! Simple, easy and filling. Will definitely be making it again.
I didn't use poultry seasoning because I didn't have it. I just seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder. We also omitted the bacon and used whole wheat buns. (to cut some calories/fat) Overall it was great! We eat chicken a LOT, and sometimes I forget about these classic ways to make it tasty! Thanks!
My Husband says he doesn't like chicken breast, ha ha, yes he does!
i love the combination of ingredients.