For a light dessert after a big barbecue, we stuff pears with mascarpone cheese and gingersnap cookies. Add a drizzle of caramel sauce for a sweet touch. —Faith Cromwell, San Francisco, California
Featured In: 45 Surprising Foods You Can (and Should!) Grill
- 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 ripe medium pears, halved and cored
- Hot caramel ice cream topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine mascarpone, 3/4 cup crushed cookies and lemon peel; refrigerate until serving. Place pears, cut side down, on a greased grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until pears are tender and begin to caramelize. Cool slightly.
- Spoon cheese mixture over pears. Sprinkle with remaining crushed cookies. If desired, drizzle with caramel topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pears with Mascarpone Cheese in Grill It Bookazine 2016, p124
Reviews for Grilled Pears with Mascarpone Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review