Grilled Pear Sundaes
Who says you can't make dessert on the grill? Our home economists whipped up this comforting treat that's sure to turn heads…and keep healthy-eating commitments. Sweetened with cinnamon-sugar, the warm and tender pear slices are served alongside a little vanilla ice cream.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 medium ripe pears, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups reduced-fat no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Cut each pear widthwise into six slices. Combine the sugar, cinnamon
- and pepper; sprinkle over pears.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a
- drip pan. Place pears over drip pan and grill, covered, over
- indirect medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- For each serving, arrange four pear slices on a plate with 1/3 cup
- ice cream; drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon honey. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 150 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.