Grilled Pear Sundaes Recipe
Who says you can't make dessert on the grill? Our home economists whipped up this comforting treat that's sure to turn heads…and keep healthy-eating commitments. Sweetened with cinnamon-sugar, the warm and tender pear slices are served alongside a little vanilla ice cream.
- 4 medium ripe pears
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups reduced-fat no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1. Peel, halve and core pears; cut each half lengthwise into six wedges. Mix sugar, cinnamon and pepper; sprinkle over pears.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill pears, covered, over indirect medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 3. Serve pears with ice cream. Drizzle with honey. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 150 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC