Who says you can't make dessert on the grill? Our home economists whipped up this comforting treat that's sure to turn heads…and keep healthy-eating commitments. Sweetened with cinnamon-sugar, the warm and tender pear slices are served alongside a little vanilla ice cream.
- 4 medium ripe pears, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups reduced-fat no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Cut each pear widthwise into six slices. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and pepper; sprinkle over pears.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place pears over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- For each serving, arrange four pear slices on a plate with 1/3 cup ice cream; drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon honey. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pear Sundaes in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p31
Reviews for Grilled Pear Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review