Grilled Peaches with Brandy Sauce
These fresh peaches get delicate flavor by grilling them on a maple plank. The brandy sauce makes the dessert extra special. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Grill: 20 min.
- Maple grilling plank
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and halved
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Soak grilling plank in water for 1 hour.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar until
- dissolved; remove from the heat. Stir in brandy; set aside.
- Place plank on grill over direct medium heat. Cover and heat for 3
- minutes or until light to medium smoke comes from the plank and the
- woods begins to crackle. (This indicates the plank is ready.)
- Place peaches on plank. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-23
- minutes or until tender, brushing occasionally with brandy sauce.
- Top each peach half with a scoop of ice cream; drizzle with
- remaining brandy sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 peach half with 1/3 cup ice cream and about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 255 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium,