These fresh peaches get delicate flavor by grilling them on a maple plank. The brandy sauce makes the dessert extra special. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Maple grilling plank
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and halved
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Soak grilling plank in water for 1 hour.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved; remove from the heat. Stir in brandy; set aside.
- Place plank on grill over direct medium heat. Cover and heat for 3 minutes or until light to medium smoke comes from the plank and the wood begins to crackle. (This indicates the plank is ready.)
- Place peaches on plank. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-23 minutes or until tender, brushing occasionally with brandy sauce. Top each peach half with a scoop of ice cream; drizzle with remaining brandy sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Peaches with Brandy Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p201
Reviews for Grilled Peaches with Brandy Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review