Grilled Peaches and Berries
Simple ingredients brown sugar, butter and lemon juice release the flavors of the peaches and blueberries when they are grilled in a foil pouch. Cleanup couldn't be easier for this recipe from Sharon W. Bickett of Chester, South Carolina.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Place two peach halves, cut side up, on each of two double
- thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (12 in. square). Sprinkle each with
- blueberries, brown sugar and lemon juice; dot with butter. Fold foil
- around peaches and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 18-20 minutes or until
- tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 2 peach halves equals 156 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.