Grilled Peaches & Pound Cake
Brush up on grilling dessert with fresh peaches and pound cake. Store-bought cake makes it quick to prepare, and the caramelized flavor will make it disappear fast! —Joy Pendley, Ortonville, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Brush peaches with vinegar and place in a grill wok or basket. Grill,
- uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender,
- stirring frequently.
- Cut pound cake into six slices. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar
- and butter; brush over both sides of cake slices. Grill, uncovered,
- over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until light golden
- brown. Place cake slices on serving plates and top with peaches and
- ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 413 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.