Grilled Peaches & Pound Cake Recipe
Brush up on grilling dessert with fresh peaches and pound cake. Store-bought cake makes it quick to prepare, and the caramelized flavor will make it disappear fast! —Joy Pendley, Ortonville, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 medium peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1. Brush peaches with vinegar and place in a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- 2. Cut pound cake into six slices. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; brush over both sides of cake slices. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until light golden brown. Place cake slices on serving plates and top with peaches and ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 413 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC