Brush up on grilling dessert with fresh peaches and pound cake. Store-bought cake makes it quick to prepare, and the caramelized flavor will make it disappear fast! —Joy Pendley, Ortonville, Michigan
Featured In: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
- 3 medium peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Brush peaches with vinegar and place in a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Cut pound cake into six slices. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; brush over both sides of cake slices. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until light golden brown. Place cake slices on serving plates and top with peaches and ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Peaches & Pound Cake in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p60
Reviews for Grilled Peaches & Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review