These wings make an irresistible addition to any backyard get-together! —Silvana Nardone, Brooklyn, New York
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 24 chicken wings, separated at the joint and tips discarded
- 1 cup peach jam, such as Smuckers
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot, or to taste
- Scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced, for topping
- In a food processor, combine the barbecue sauce and half of the garlic. Add the peaches and process until finely chopped; season with about 1-1/2 teaspoons salt and about 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting.
- In a resealable plastic bag, toss together the chicken wings and remaining peach barbecue sauce; refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the peach jam, vinegar, remaining garlic, hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; let cool.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken wings, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Brush with reserved sauce. Grill or broil, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Top with scallions and serve with peach jam dipping sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Peach BBQ Chicken Wings in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p107
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Peach BBQ Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review