- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 24 chicken wings, separated at the joint and tips discarded
- 1 cup peach jam, such as Smuckers
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot, or to taste
- Scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced, for topping
- In a food processor, combine the barbecue sauce and half of the garlic. Add the peaches and process until finely chopped; season with about 1-1/2 teaspoons salt and about 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting.
- In a resealable plastic bag, toss together the chicken wings and remaining peach barbecue sauce; refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the peach jam, vinegar, remaining garlic, hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; let cool.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken wings, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Brush with reserved sauce. Grill or broil, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times. Top with scallions and serve with peach jam dipping sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Peach BBQ Chicken Wings
"Fixed these for a outdoor BBQ. I would slightly pre-cook before grilling next time as they wanted to char but not get done even over low heat. Could not tell peaches were in sauce but everyone enjoyed the wings with the peach dipping sauce."
"A slightly sweet and spicey wing."
"We like our wings with a bit of kick so I added 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper to the sauce. Used Just Fruit Peach Preserves to save on the sugar intake. Family LOVED this. Even my picky eaters."
"I love this so much...It just makes me feel I want more :)"
"I made them for Memorial Day and they were a hit!!!!!"
"These were tasty. I'm not sure the peach added much flavor in the BBQ sauce, but the dipping sauce gave a nice peachy kick."
"My husband and kids loved these. I didn't make the dipping sauce; just followed the recipe for the wings themselves."