I was going to make grilled cheese sandwiches one day and had already buttered several slices of bread when I found I was out of cheese. So I pulled out some peanut butter and jelly, and the result was this tasty version of a popular classic.
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 4 slices English muffin or white toasting bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Spread peanut butter and jam on two slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches; cook in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown on each side. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled PBJ Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p87
Reviews for Grilled PBJ Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review