Grilled PB&J Recipe
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 4 slices light whole wheat bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread peanut butter and jam over two slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Brush sandwiches with egg substitute mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sandwiches over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
One sandwich equals 279 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.