Sandi Tuttle of Hayward, Wisconsin enjoys peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so much, she turned them into a yummy breakfast treat reminiscent of stuffed French toast. She sometimes bakes them in the oven, but cooking them in a skillet is quicker.
Featured In: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 4 slices light whole wheat bread
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread peanut butter and jam over two slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Brush sandwiches with egg substitute mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sandwiches over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled PB&J in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p65
Reviews for Grilled PB&J
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review