Grilled Pattypans Recipe
- 6 cups pattypan squash (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Place squash in a grill wok or basket coated with cooking spray. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Transfer squash to a serving bowl; add sauce and toss gently. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
3/4 cup: 54 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.