Grilled Parmesan Potatoes Recipe
Take a break from usual baked potatoes-and keep the oven cool in the meantime-by cooking these spectacular "spuds" on the grill. Since there's no need to boil the potatoes ahead of time, this tasty, no-fuss favorite is sure to become a timeless classic in your recipe collection.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large bowl. Add onions and oil; toss to coat. Spoon into the center of a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.).
- 2. Combine the Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle over potato mixture. Fold foil into a pouch and seal tightly.
- 3. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 18-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 serving equals 1 starch, 1/2 fat; also, 104 calories, 200 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol,16 g carbohydrate, 3 g protein, 3 g fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC