Grilled Orange Salmon Recipe
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (8 ounces each)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Set aside 2 tablespoons marinade for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 6 in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 285 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Orange Salmon
"Delicious and easy to prepare!"
"Facing an entire first-of-season Copper River sockeye fillet, and having only oranges and no lemons, I found and modified this recipe. Starting with a whole stick of butter, I added 6" of ginger, several cloves of garlic, increased the pepper to a tablespoon of fresh-ground, and threw in two teaspoons of cayenne.After 90 minutes of marinating, I charcoal-grilled it. It was sublime..."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.