Grilled Orange Salmon Recipe
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (8 ounces each)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Set aside 2 tablespoons marinade for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 6 in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 285 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Grilled Orange Salmon
"Delicious and easy to prepare!"
"Facing an entire first-of-season Copper River sockeye fillet, and having only oranges and no lemons, I found and modified this recipe. Starting with a whole stick of butter, I added 6" of ginger, several cloves of garlic, increased the pepper to a tablespoon of fresh-ground, and threw in two teaspoons of cayenne.After 90 minutes of marinating, I charcoal-grilled it. It was sublime..."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.