Grilled Orange Flank Steak Recipe
I've been experimenting with marinades for years. This recipe is the result of the combined efforts of several friends and a few cookbook recipes.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian or Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add beef to the bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC