- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian or Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound)
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add beef to the bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now