Grilled Orange Chicken Strips
These savory marinated chicken strips are great for a picnic or backyard barbecue. I grill them right along with sausages and hot dogs. Skewering the chicken makes it easy to handle, but you can put the strips directly on the grill or broil them in the oven if you prefer.
-Marion Lowery, Medford, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh orange segments
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a resealable plastic; add
- chicken and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread meat on metal or soaked wood
- skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes or
- until juices run clear, turning often. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared without salt) equals 192 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 meat.