These savory marinated chicken strips are great for a picnic or backyard barbecue. I grill them right along with sausages and hot dogs. Skewering the chicken makes it easy to handle, but you can put the strips directly on the grill or broil them in the oven if you prefer. -Marion Lowery, Medford, Oregon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh orange segments
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a resealable plastic; add chicken and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread meat on metal or soaked wood skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear, turning often. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Orange Chicken Strips in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Orange Chicken Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review