Grilled Onion Potatoes
"When we were growing up, my mother often fixed these potatoes when we grilled outdoors," recalls Janet Gioia of Broadalbin, New York. The tasty treatment requires just a few ingredients.
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 50 min.
- 5 medium baking potatoes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) zesty Italian salad dressing
- Cut each potato into five slices. Place onion between slices and
- sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reassemble each potato; place on a
- double layer of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- Pour 2-4 tablespoons of salad dressing over each potato. Wrap foil
- around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat
- for 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 5