Grilled Onion Medley Recipe
Submitted by Mary Lou Wayman of Salt Lake City, Utah, this mouthwatering medley, seasoned with garlic and rosemary, is great on burgers or as a side dish.—Mary Lou Wayman, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into four wedges
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into four wedges
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onions, leek and garlic. Add oil; toss to coat. Pour into a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 15-19 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Transfer onion mixture to a bowl. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, pepper and paprika. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC