Grilled Onion Medley
Submitted by Mary Lou Wayman of Salt Lake City, Utah, this mouthwatering medley, seasoned with garlic and rosemary, is great on burgers or as a side dish.Mary Lou Wayman, Salt Lake City, Utah
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into four wedges
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into four wedges
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, leek and garlic. Add oil; toss
- to coat. Pour into a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over
- medium heat for 15-19 minutes or until tender, stirring
- Transfer onion mixture to a bowl. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt,
- pepper and paprika. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,