- 1 large sweet onion (14 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- With a sharp knife, slice 1/2 in. off the top of the onion; peel onion. Cut into 12-16 wedges to within 1/2 in. of root end.
- Place onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Open wedges slightly; sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Drizzle with butter. Fold foil around onion and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Onion Bloom in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p29
Reviews for Grilled Onion Bloom
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2010
"I grilled mine for 40 minutes to make sure it was really tender. It smelled amazing when I opened the foil. We really liked it - it was a nice complement to the steak!"