- 1 large sweet onion (14 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- With a sharp knife, slice 1/2 in. off the top of the onion; peel onion. Cut into 12-16 wedges to within 1/2 in. of root end.
- Place onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Open wedges slightly; sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Drizzle with butter. Fold foil around onion and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Onion Bloom in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p29
Reviews for Grilled Onion Bloom
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2010
I grilled mine for 40 minutes to make sure it was really tender. It smelled amazing when I opened the foil. We really liked it - it was a nice complement to the steak!