I grew up watching my grandmother and mother in the kitchen. My grandparents came from Mexico, and this steak marinated in beer and lime juice honors their passion for cooking. —Adan Franco, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 beef skirt or flank steaks (1 pound each)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 spring onions
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Corn tortillas, minced fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- Pound beef with a meat mallet to tenderize. In a large bowl, mix beer, lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Add beef to marinade; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut partially through onions, leaving tops intact. Drizzle with remaining oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade; sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. On a greased grill rack, grill steaks and onions, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) and onions are crisp-tender. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with tortillas, onions, cilantro and lime wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Onion & Skirt Steak Tacos in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p37
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Onion & Skirt Steak Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review