- 2 beef skirt or flank steaks (1 pound each)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 spring onions
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Corn tortillas, minced fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- Pound beef with a meat mallet to tenderize. In a large bowl, mix beer, lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Add beef to marinade; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut partially through onions, leaving tops intact. Drizzle with remaining oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade; sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill steaks and onions, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) and onions are crisp-tender. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with tortillas, onions, cilantro and lime wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Onion & Skirt Steak Tacos in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p37
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Onion & Skirt Steak Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review