Grilled Nectarine & Cheese Crostini Recipe
At our house, we love the summer tastes of sweet grilled nectarines and fresh basil over goat cheese. I can usually find all the ingredients at the farmers market. —Brandy Hollingshead, Grass Valley, California
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 medium nectarines, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil; cook 10-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons. Remove from heat.
- 2. Brush oil over both sides of baguette slices. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Grill nectarines 45-60 seconds on each side or until tender and lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- 3. Spread goat cheese over toasts. Cut nectarines into thick slices; arrange over cheese. Drizzle with balsamic syrup; sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 48 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC