Earthy grilled mushrooms taste like flame-kissed goodness. The balsamic vinegar adds just enough tanginess to the savory side. —Melissa Hoddinott, Sherwood Park, Alberta
Featured In: 34 BBQ Side Dishes You Can Throw on the Grill
- 16 pearl onions
- 20 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread mushrooms and onions, skewering mushrooms horizontally through cap. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine vinegar, butter, garlic, salt and pepper; microwave, covered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Whisk to combine. Reserve half of the vinegar mixture for serving. Brush kabobs with remaining vinegar mixture.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally and basting frequently with vinegar mixture. If desired, sprinkle with parsley; serve with reserved vinegar mixture. Yield: 4 servings
Originally published as Mushroom Kabobs in Grill It Bookazine 2016, p98
Reviews for Grilled Mushroom Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review