- 6 bacon strips, halved
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thin slices sweet onion
- 6 thin slices tomato
- 6 thin slices avocado
- 6 thin slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook bacon according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Move chicken to edges of grill. Top each with two bacon pieces and one slice of onion, tomato, avocado and cheese. Cover and grill 4-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Monterey Chicken
Sort By :
"Excellent, moist and tender. Good flavor combo."
"Whole family enjoyed."
"Tasty & enjoyed by my whole family."
"This chicken is excellent! Moist and tasty.. and the kids like it, too! I serve it on corn-dusted Kaiser rolls as a sandwich, and everybody loves it!"
"Delicious & easy. I don't like avocado so I did leave out, but followed the rest of the recipe. I had over a layer of fried rice. Very tasty. I am going to try it on a hard roll as a sandwich next time. Thanks Sherri."