“Grilling the lettuce adds smoky flavor and takes a simple salad to a whole new level. The fruits and nuts offer different dimensions of flavor and texture.” Janice Elder - Charlotte, North Carolina
- 2 heads Belgian endive, halved lengthwise
- 2 bunches romaine, halved lengthwise
- 1 head radicchio, quartered lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Brush the endive, romaine and with 3 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill the greens, uncovered, over medium heat for 30 seconds on each side or until heated through.
- Chop the greens and place in a large serving bowl. Whisk vinegar and remaining oil; drizzle over greens and toss to coat. Top with blueberries, apple, walnuts and cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Mixed Green Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p33
Reviews for Grilled Mixed Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review