- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 slice rye bread, crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, milk and horseradish. Stir in the bread, carrot, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four small loaves.
- Grill loaves, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; spoon over loaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Meat Loaves
Sort By :
"I used all of the ingredients except horseradish because I did not have it. I grilled the loaves and they are delicious. My family loves it. I definitely will grill them again."
"this one is a keeper. I return to this recipe over and over again.Always delicious."