Grilled Meat Loaves Recipe
Craving meat loaf but not wanting to turn on a hot oven forced Jennifer Sheller to come up with this yummy recipe. “It’s a huge time-saver and the scrumptious sauce drizzled over the top keeps the patties wonderfully moist,“ she reports from Lebanon, Pennsylvania.
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 slice rye bread, crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, milk and horseradish. Stir in the bread, carrot, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four small loaves.
- Grill loaves, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; spoon over loaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Meat Loaves in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p55
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2011
"this one is a keeper. I return to this recipe over and over again.Always delicious."