Grilled Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves. Place a sheet of heavy-duty foil in center of grill. Place meat loaves on foil (do not seal foil).
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat; grill meat, covered, over indirect medium heat for 50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Brush tops with additional ketchup if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 loaves (4 servings each).
1 slice: 219 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Grilled Meat Loaf
"This was good, we enjoyed it!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.