Grilled Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves. Place a sheet of heavy-duty foil in center of grill. Place meat loaves on foil (do not seal foil).
- Prepare grill for indirect heat; grill meat, covered, over indirect medium heat for 50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Brush tops with additional ketchup if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 loaves (4 servings each).
Originally published as Grilled Meat Loaf in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p20
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"This was good, we enjoyed it!"