Grilled Marjoram Corn
“We love grilled veggies and this recipe is a family favorite,” notes Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. The sweet corn husks are soaked first for precise steaming and served with a tasty marjoram butter.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 24 fresh marjoram sprigs
- Soak corn in cold water for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl,
- combine the minced marjoram, lime juice, 1/3 cup butter and 1/4
- teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove
- silk. Combine the remaining butter and salt; spread over corn. Top
- with marjoram sprigs. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until
- tender, turning occasionally. Remove marjoram sprigs. Serve corn
- with reserved butter mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 259 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.