Grilled Marinated Sirloin Recipe
A tasty marinade laced with lime juice is the secret behind this moist and elegant sirloin recipe from our Test Kitchen. You'll enjoy warm-weather entertaining and stay out of a hot kitchen with this grilled summer standout.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Baste with reserved marinade during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 200 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Marinated Sirloin
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC