Grilled Marinated Sirloin Steak
"This recipe was given to me by a friend who knows I like to grill," shares Corina Flansberg. "No one ever guesses that the secret ingredient is lemon-lime soda," adds the Carson City, Nevada reader. "Try the marinade with chicken, too. It's wonderful!"
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak (about 1 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Add steak and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate 8 hours or
- overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium-hot
- heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.