Grilled Marinated Asparagus
Freshly harvested asparagus says spring is in the air, and on your table. Eating the tender spears right off the grill is pure pleasure.—Lessie Sites, Livingston, Montana
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients. Add the asparagus; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain asparagus, reserving marinade. Moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill asparagus, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender, turning and basting occasionally with reserved
- marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.