Freshly harvested asparagus says spring is in the air, and on your table. Eating the tender spears right off the grill is pure pleasure.—Lessie Sites, Livingston, Montana
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add the asparagus; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain asparagus, reserving marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill asparagus, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Marinated Asparagus in Country Woman April/May 2011, p38
Reviews for Grilled Marinated Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 7, 2017
"This was really quick, my husband tried it out for supper. Very good. We usually have just one staple way to flavor asparagus but now thanks to this recipe we have too! Full of flavor delicious cooked over the grill."