- 1-1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 medium ripe mango or 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (about 2 pounds)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, jalapeno and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until glaze is thick and caramelized. Strain and cool. Place mango in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth. Stir into glaze; set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of ham steak with pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side or until heated through. Brush both sides of ham with mango glaze; grill 5 minutes longer. Serve ham with remaining glaze. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Mango-Glazed Ham in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Mango-Glazed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review