- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounces each)
- TROPICAL FRUIT SALSA:
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled papaya
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, sherry or pineapple juice and garlic; add mahi mahi. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill mahi mahi, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Mahi Mahi
"This is a healthy delicious meal for the summer with the added bonus of not having to use the oven in August! I serve it with an almond coconut rice in the side."
"Tropical Fruit Salsa got a little pricey with all the ingredients but was delicious."
"DELICIOUS! Very easy to make. I doubled up my mango because I did not have any papaya. I used canned pineapple. I will try to use the fresh one next time although we like the salsa. I boiled the marinade then used it to blanch some fresh spinach which I used as bed for the grilled Mahi mahi. Thank you for sharing."
"This was the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. If you want an even quicker recipe use canned Dole tropical fruit."
"We just love this recipe- I make it with Sherry. Even my 3 & 6 year olds love it!"
"Great recipe! Couldn't find a papaya anywhere so I tried Craisins instead turned out great, but I will definitely try it again with the correct ingredients."
"sauteed this delicious meal on the stovetop(after marinating the fish). And I used a can of tropical fruit(drained), put it in the lemon & lime juices"