Grilled Lobster Tails
I had never made lobster at home until I tried this recipe convenient and deliciously different grilled recipe. It turned out amazing, and has left me with little reason to ever order lobster at a restaurant again. —Katie Rush, Kansas City, Missouri
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 frozen lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each), thawed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Using scissors, cut top of lobster shell lengthwise down the center,
- leaving tail fin intact. Loosen meat from shell, keeping the fin end
- attached; lift meat and lay over shell. With a knife, cut a slit,
- 1/2 inch deep, down center of meat.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over
- lobster meat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place lobster tails, meat side up, on grill rack. Grill, covered,
- over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat is opaque. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 lobster tail equals 446 calories, 29 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 869 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 43 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.