My go-to recipe for outdoor potlucks is an awesome potato side. I prep everything and grill at the party. Pass with sour cream, cheese, bacon and chives. —Fay Moreland, Wichita Falls, TX
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 4 large potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- Trim ends of potatoes. Slice potatoes into 1-in.-thick rounds. Brush with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place potatoes on grill rack, buttered side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until browned. Brush with remaining butter; turn. Grill or broil 5-7 minutes longer or until browned.
- Top with sour cream, cheese, bacon and chives. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Loaded Potato Rounds in Grill It Bookazine 2016, p100
Reviews for Grilled Loaded Potato Rounds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2016
"We made this in place of our normal potato skins for a change-up. I added the cheese and bacon before removing from the grill so the cheese could start melting a bit. Topped with the sour cream and chives after removing from the grill."