Grilled Lime-Teriyaki Shrimp Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 6 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 2 servings.
3 shrimp: 98 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Lime-Teriyaki Shrimp
"We love the lime flavor of these grilled shrimp for special occasions. We enjoy adding these shrimp to grilled steak for surf n turf, or grilled shrimp for a seafood feast. Yummy"
"This was a very tasty marinade! I broiled the shrimp, and they seemed ready (almost dried out) after only 3 minutes. I cooked the second side for 1 minute. Next time, I will either use larger shrimp, broil for less time, or just grill them. Doubled the recipe and served with brown rice. mmmmmmm"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.