Grilled Lemon Chicken
The secret behind the flavor that enhances Linda Nilsen's poultry dish is a citrusy one. "I use lemonade concentrate," she pens from her Anoka, Minnesota kitchen.—Linda Nilsen, Anoka, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 3-1/2 pounds each), quartered
- In a bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until combined. Pour half
- into a shallow glass dish. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Dip chicken on both sides into sauce; discard sauce. Grill chicken,
- covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Brush with reserved sauce. Continue basting and turning chicken
- several times for 10-15 minutes more or until juices run clear.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.