Grilled Lemon-Basil Chicken
Garden-fresh basil is put to good use in this super summer recipe. The chicken turns out moist and tender every time.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups
- into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn
- to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat
- for 6-8 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reads 170°,
- basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.