- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Lemon-Basil Chicken
"This chicken is outstanding! I cut the recipe in half for my husband and me and substituted 1/4 cup of my homemade pesto for the 1/2 cup basil...amazing flavor! My husband declared it his "new favorite" and I will definitely be making this again!"
"I will try this. It sounds delicious!!!"
"I will try it..."
"I made this just as directed. It was wonderful! Very easy."
" Thank you. I will give it a try.
"White wine vinegar is located with cooking wines. Instead of using red wine as a substitution, I would suggest using apple juice in its place."
"Where does one find white wine vinegar? Can red be substituted?"